What is the rental fee for Haue Valley and what does it include?
- Please see the details found here for complete pricing and included items.
What is the building capacity?
- 200 guests including the bridal party
What dates are available?
Please see the available dates information here.
Is there a deposit? When are the additional payments due? Do you offer a payment plan?
- Yes. When the contract is signed, to continue holding the date, we require a $1,000 deposit. Seven months prior to the event 50% of the remaining fee will be due. The final installment will be required 30 days prior to the event. You are welcome to send smaller, partial payments of any amount prior to the specified due date, so in effect creating your own payment plan on your own schedule. Full payment is due by the specified due date. We also reserve the right to request a credit card on file for any damages to the facility or grounds.
How do I reserve a date?
- First, we hope you are able to come out in person to visit the farm. You can request a tour (or a Facetime tour if you live out of the area) on our rental fee page. Then you simply review our available dates page, find a date that is listed as available, and send us an email at email@example.com requesting to book it to get the process started!
Do I need to schedule a tour or can I just stop by?
- We kindly request that all tours are by appointment only. You can request a tour here.
What is the average budget of a couple getting married at Haue Valley?
- That is a great question! In general, we believe the average budget of a couple getting married at Haue Valley is between $15,000-$17,000 for all wedding expenses (venue, food, dress, DJ, photographer, etc.). We have had some creative couples with smaller guests lists host beautiful weddings in the $10,000 - $12,000 range, and we have had several lovely events here spending significantly more than the average.
Will there be another wedding the same day?
- At Haue Valley we only host one wedding each day to ensure that each couple's event is special and receives our full attention.
Are there overnight accommodations nearby?
- Yes. The Comfort Inn is less than .5 miles away and offers bulk room rates around $100 per night. The hotel is utilized by Purina for large events, so we encourage you to reserve a hotel room block soon.
If our ceremony is also at Haue Valley, are additional chairs available for seating?
- Yes. We will provide in total up to 400 chairs. This would include up to 200 for the ceremony and an additional 200 for the reception.
How many cars will your parking lot accommodate?
- 100 cars.
Do you offer straight tables instead of round?
- We have a limited number of straight tables onsite that can be used for your gift table, head table, etc. If you would prefer your guests to be seated at straight tables instead of round you are welcome to rent tables from the vendor of your choice. All deliveries and setup must be completed in the standard rental period.
Do you provided table linens, cups, silverware, etc?
- No. Haue Valley provides an awesome venue, tables, upgraded wedding chairs, and lots of decor for the allotted amount of time. White linens can be rented through us, but are NOT included in the rental fee. You are also welcome to bring your own linens. For details regarding our linen package please click here.
What happens in case of rain?
- Unlike many venues, Haue Valley has chosen to limit our total guest capacity to provide a dedicated space as a back up in case of rain under roof. This means that in the case of inclement weather the venue doesn't have to be "flipped" from your ceremony to the reception. Reception tables are all available to be setup prior to the ceremony and need not be moved in case of rain. This ensures a smooth transition into the reception and makes the decision to bring a ceremony inside (or not) much less stressful.
We plan to have our ceremony offsite, or only plan to have our ceremony at Haue Valley. Does your fee change?
- Because we only host one event per day, our fee structure remains the same whether you hold your ceremony, reception, or both onsite.
Do you allow dogs onsite to play a part in our wedding day?
Sure! We are dog friendly. We just ask that someone be responsible for the pet other than the bride and groom, and that it stays away from our cows.
What form of payment does Haue Valley accept?
Our preferred form of payment is check.
My preferred dates are unavailable. Do you have a cancellation waiting list?
- We do not keep a cancellation waiting list because cancellations are unpredictable. As soon as a date does become available we post it here.
Where can I find pictures of the decor available?
- We have it all photographed and numbered on our Borrow Items page.
What time will I have access to the venue to decorate?
- You will have access to the venue at the time listed on your contract, not earlier. Please plan accordingly!
How do you pronounce Haue Valley?
- Haue is the Danish spelling of Howe, so we say "Haw" like Hee Haw, but "How" is also appropriate. :)
Do you include a "wedding day coordinator?"
- Unfortunately, if you're trying to compare venues "apples to apples" we feel like this is a tricky question. Our answer is no, because we prefer to under promise and over-deliver. We think its possible for the job duties of a "day-of wedding coordinator" to mean something different to you than it does to us, and the last thing we want is the opportunity for miscommunication. However, we do have a team leader here before you arrive onsite who stays with you throughout the duration of your big day. This member of the Haue Valley team is there to help you however they can (be an extra set of hands decorating, drive you around the farm on our gator to take wedding pictures, answer questions from your vendors and direct them as necessary, etc.) Their goal is to do everything possible to help your day go smoothly and ensure your day is as stress-free as possible! (But we still don't consider them a day-of wedding coordinator.)
What are our catering options at Haue Valley?
- After several years of a variety of caterers onsite at our venue, we have selected our favorite four to work with exclusively. These caterers include The Hawthorne Inn, Two Mike's Catering, Pappy's Smokehouse and Graze Catering. Please see the catering page for more information including pricing.
How much should we expect to spend on catering and bar?
It is definitely possible to have an open bar and delicious meal for 175 people for under $5,000. Less for a smaller group, a little more for heavy food and top shelf bar selections. (Disclaimer: we are sure you could spend more than this if you want to, but if your looking for awesome budget friendly options, they definitely exist with these great caterers.) Please see the question above for links to each caterers pricing. The average bar bill through T's Liquor Lane at Haue Valley for 175 guests is approximately $1,100 - $1,200 including two bartenders, delivery, setup, insurance, and alcohol.
Does Haue Valley handle the catering orders for these caterers, or do I work with the caterer directly?
In our experience, it's most efficient and most cost effective for couples to work directly with the caterer. Simply book your big day with Haue Valley and reach out to the caterers of your choosing to schedule a tasting and get the ball rolling! Contact info for each caterer is on this page.
When is the next open house?
- Our open house events are designed for couples who have already had a private tour of Haue Valley. If we have already had the chance to meet we welcome you out to one of our open house events. Open house dates and the RSVP form can be found here.
What time do you suggest we start the ceremony?
- We suggest starting Friday and Saturday weddings between 4:30 - 6:00 pm depending on the time of year. We suggest starting Sunday weddings between 4:00 - 5:00 pm.
How will the tables, chairs, etc. be arranged for my sized event?
- Click here to download the suggested Haue Valley table layout PDF. We will reach out to you to determine your preferred layout prior to the big day!
If we choose the one day option, will we be able to access the location early to rehearse our ceremony?
- If you elect the one day rental, our venue will likely be reserved by another couple the night before. For that reason, one day rentals should plan for an offsite rehearsal. You are also welcome to to bring anyone who would feel more comfortable understanding the venue (such as your DJ or minister, or any little ones in the wedding party) to one of our monthly open houses.
Can we have fireworks on the property?
- Fireworks are not permitted. This includes sparklers. We don’t want to scare the neighbors and we want to keep the fire department happy!
Can vehicles be left overnight?
- No vehicles can be left overnight. Please advise your guests of this policy. The gates will be locked at midnight and as we are also a working farm, the gates remain locked at other times to keep the cows in! We appreciate your understanding. If you have any guests staying at the Comfort Inn in Pacific it is only .50 miles away from our entrance.
What time does the music need to end?
- Music on Friday's/Saturday's must conclude by 10:30 p.m. to ensure that you, all of your items, and all of your vendors are off-property by midnight. Music on Sunday's must conclude by 9:30 p.m. to be off property by 10:00 pm.
We are using a rental company. Can they drop items off or pick them up outside of the rental period?
- We are a working farm with locked gates to keep the cows in! For that reason, all deliveries must happen during the standard rental period. Please advise your vendors of this policy.
Can we get married somewhere else on the farm other than the patio or under roof in the addition?
- One of the great things about Haue Valley is the view from atop a large hill. Unfortunately because we are atop a hill there isn't another flat area that is suitable for a ceremony. All ceremonies do need to take place on the patio, under roof in the addition, or at another venue/church of your choosing offsite.
Are candles allowed?
- Yes, candles are allowed as long as the flame is completely contained in a candle holder. Tapered candles and any type of hanging candles will not be allowed for safety reasons.
Is it possible to seat 9 to a table?
- In a pinch, yes if one is a child, but we would not recommend it for your guests comfort.
How far in advance do you need our final headcount?
- Two weeks.
How do I obtain a marriage license?
- Between 8 am and 4:00 pm go to the Franklin County Government Center across from the police station in Union, MO at 400 East Locust #102. When you enter the building you'll go to the fist door on your right, the recorder of deeds. Both the bride and groom must go and you'll need your drivers licenses and your social security numbers. It's $46 in cash or $47.50 with a card. The county's phone number is 636.583.6367 if you need to reach them.
Setup and Day-of Event Questions
Are outside snacks and trays permitted?
- Outside food and drink is permitted prior to the ceremony. It is not allowed after the start of the event. Please no drinks in glass bottles.
What is the event clean-up process?
- Haue Valley staff will handle all standard clean up and trash removal throughout and following the wedding reception.
Can we take photos around the farm on our wedding day?
- Sure! Just ask us and we would be happy to make recommendations.
Can we nail decorations to the walls or hang things like streamers or lanterns from the beams?
- As our family logged the trees off our farm and cut the boards one by one, we request that holes are not placed in the walls. We will have areas where hooks are already placed that you are welcome to use for any additional decorations. The beams at Haue Valley at very tall and not reachable by a ladder. For this reason, we do not allow for anything to be hung from the beams. We hope that you will find them beautiful without any extra work!